- This event has passed.
Site Leadership – VILT
November 30, 2023 @ 9:30 am - December 1, 2023 @ 1:30 pm$418.95 – $523.95
Course Description: Would you like to improve your construction site leadership skills? Participants will enhance their ability to build a collaborative team culture with their staff, improve job site productivity and complete projects on time, on budget, and safely.
• Identify and apply different leadership styles and approaches
• Enhance the motivation and engagement of construction workers and teams
• Utilize leadership techniques to build cohesive and effective crews
• Understand the Eight Wastes in order to reduce downtime and inefficiencies on site
• Understand different personality styles and how to communicate effectively with each one
• Recognize substance abuse and how to deal with it appropriately
• Improve their training skills and conduct a successful toolbox talk
• Deal with difficult people, conflict and confrontational situations
• Use collaborative decision-making skills and build a collaborative culture
• Understand the importance of ethics and safety first when leading others
Who Should Attend: The course is designed for lead hands, foremen and supervisors that want to increase their leadership effectiveness.
Tim Williams, MBA, B.Econ., CPA, GSC, BGC Partners Inc. | President
Tim has worked with numerous construction companies for over twenty years. He is an experienced and sought after trainer who has trained construction owners and managers on behalf of construction industry associations across Western Canada.
This Course is Eligible for 1 Gold Seal Credit.