Microsoft Excel for Construction – VILT
March 20 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pmFree – $472.50
The ability to produce cost estimates efficiently and accurately is a critical step in many construction career paths, and a high-demand skill throughout the construction industry.
Computer software has become a popular tool for estimating, and Microsoft Excel is the most widely-used option. In this one-day course, learn how to produce your estimates more quickly and accurately by harnessing the power of Microsoft Excel.
- A general understanding of project management concepts
- Basic skills with any Windows operating system
- Two Monitors are recommended. One for the Student MS Project Screen and one showing the Instructor Screen. Very difficult for the student to try to see both on one computer screen!
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Use Excel formulas for typical construction estimating tasks
- Create takeoff sheets for use as templates
- Learn handy shortcuts to streamline estimating
- Link information in worksheets and workbooks
- Accurately calculate profit, overhead, markups, and taxes
- Generate graphs to visually display work product
- Use features such as VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP to access an MS EXCEL Database
- Print work product to PDF
Who Should Attend: This course is for any estimator who uses (or is considering using) Microsoft Excel for Construction Estimating. Whether you’re a novice or experienced Excel user, you’ll get practice using basic and extended features of Excel for a variety of typical estimating tasks.
Your Presenter: Phil Perry has 30 plus years in the Construction Industry, most of which was Project Managing Industrial Projects for General Contractors. He has been teaching Post-Secondary Construction Management Courses for the last eight years.
This Course is Eligible for 1 Gold Seal Credit.
Invoice - Member
Member companies can RSVP and be invoiced at a later date.