- This event has passed.
Effective Construction Meetings & Meeting Minutes
November 27 @ 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm$208.95 – $366.46
Course Description: Construction meetings are an important part of the successful management of construction projects. Regular site meetings on a project with well documented minutes can facilitate better communication and produce better results making it more likely that the project will be completed successfully.
Typically, the responsibility of the General Contractor, proper meeting minutes of these construction meetings reflect the view of all stakeholders and should be a complete, reliable and accurate documentation of the current status of the project as well as the next steps, as agreed to by all parties. This, however, is not as easy as it sounds. Proper meeting minutes require effective listening, accurate recording and most importantly, the understanding of the risk involved if an action item is not completed as promised.
- Conducting effective and efficient construction meetings
- Types of construction meetings and when to have them
- Recording accurate and factual construction meeting minutes
- Understanding what standard topics and other topics to discuss and document
- Importance of construction meeting minutes to manage deliverables and risk
- Engaging project stakeholders to deliver as recorded (promised)
- Managing actionable items
- Understanding how construction meeting minutes become permanent records
- Distribution and follow-up
Upon successful completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Create and implement a construction meeting protocol and meeting minute process and procedure
- Have a greater understanding of the need to listen effectively and to record accurate and factual construction meeting minutes
- Improve project outcomes and enhance project success by the actioning and delivery of project deliverables by stakeholders
Exclusive to this workshop is a comprehensive manual that is used as a reference and guide throughout the sessions. The manual is based on accumulated knowledge gathered over 40 years in the construction industry. It is a valuable and effective tool that contains not only practical how-to’s, checklists and templates but will also be a foundation for new processes and procedures back in the office or on the jobsite.
Your Presenter: Lee Kelly knows construction because she has built it. With over 30 years of construction management/General Contracting experience under her belt, she has extensive knowledge of construction practices, processes, and procedures in all contract delivery formats. Lee is a long-serving member of the National Gold Seal Committee, and the winner of the Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC) “Chancellor’s Award of Excellence.” Her enthusiasm for training makes her a highly informative, interactive, motivated, and sought-after trainer.
Who Should Attend: General Contractor and subcontractor Project Managers, Project Coordinators and field staff
This Course is Eligible for 0.5 Gold Seal Credit.