- This event has passed.
Construction Business Management – VILT
December 12, 2023 @ 9:30 am - December 15, 2023 @ 1:30 pm$682.50 – $787.50
Course Description: Participants will learn how to improve the management and business systems of their construction company.
Construction Business Management will help you:
- Understand the strategic planning process and how to implement it within their context
- Understand the importance of a business plan and how to prepare one
- Understand the participants within the construction industry – their roles, responsibilities and limitations
- Understand the benefits of a participatory management culture
- Formulate a marketing plan and understand the marketing mix
- Develop a human resource management plan
- Understand the employment cycle/process
- Develop an employee performance evaluation system
- Increase staff morale and engagement
- Understand operational planning for construction companies
- Formulate a financial plan, budgets, ratios and break-even analysis
- Understand the importance of financial internal controls
- Develop benchmarks and key performance indicators
- Understand bonding and insurance for construction companies
- Use risk management tools to identify risk and how to mitigate risk
Who Should Attend: Construction Owners, Managers, Estimators, Supervisors and Staff.
Your Presenter: Tim Williams, MBA, B.Econ., CPA, GSC, BGC Partners Inc. | President
Tim has worked with numerous construction companies for over twenty years. He is an experienced and sought after trainer who has trained construction owners and managers on behalf of construction industry associations across Western Canada.
This Course is Eligible for 5 Gold Seal Credits Upon Successful Completion of Optional Online Exam.
2 Gold Seal Credits Will Be Given to Those That Attend the Virtual Session Only.