Canada-Alberta Job Grant
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant is a training program where an employer applies on behalf of their employee(s) for eligible training costs. Employers decide who gets training and what type of training may be needed for their employees.
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant is available to:
- private sector employers
- non-profit sector employers
- First Nations and Metis Settlements
- the Agriculture Financial Services Corporation (if in a community with a population of 100,000 or less)
- Alberta Treasury Branches (if in a community with a population of 100,000 or less)
To be eligible, Alberta employers must have current or potential employees who need training to fill current or future positions.
Canada-Alberta Job Grant trainees must be one of the following:
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents
- protected people under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) who are entitled to work in Canada
All eligible trainees must live in Alberta.
How to Apply
Step 1: Read the Applicant Guide
Step 2: Complete the correct application for your trainee(s)
- Access Labour’s Workforce Grants Portal to complete the application.
You only need to submit one application for all trainees taking the same training at the same time.
Check the Applicant Guide every time you apply to make sure you are up to date on the program requirements. If the application or supporting documents are incomplete your application will be rejected.
The application must be submitted at least 30 days before the start of training.
Use the following application checklist documents to ensure that all requirements are completed: