- This event has passed.
Microsoft Project: Basic – VILT
February 13 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pmFree – $472.50
Course Description: This course is intended for any person who is new or self-taught on MS Project or have never used it would like to learn how to use it as a tool to manage their projects.
Prerequisites: People enrolling in this course should have the following:
- A general understanding of project management concepts
- Basic skills in a Windows operating system
This One-Day Workshop Covers:
- Create a new project plan file and enter project information.
- Manage tasks by organizing tasks and setting task relationships.
- Determine Critical Path, Total Float and Free Float
- Manage resources for a project such as Labour
- Finalize a project plan by setting a Baseline
- Track progress using the Tracking Gantt Chart
- Must have MS Project loaded on Student Computer
- Students should have two (2) Monitors – one for their MS Project Schedule and one for the Instructor’s Screen
Your Presenter: Phil Perry has 30 plus years in the Construction Industry, most of which was Project Managing Industrial Projects for General Contractors. He has been teaching Post-Secondary Construction Management Courses for the last eight years.
Who Should Attend: Anyone whose work involves planning and scheduling the work: Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Construction Managers, Superintendents, General Foremen, Foremen and Estimators of all levels will benefit from the workshop. This course is for Contractors and Sub-Contractors in all segments of the Construction Industry.
This Course is Eligible for 1 Gold Seal Credit