Managing Shop Drawings, Samples, and Submittals – VILT
December 8 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm$173.25 – $273.00
Course Objective: This workshop will review the process from cradle to grave and offer tips and tricks to avoid common mistakes.
Guides covered by the course: – ACA Doc E – Alberta Standard Guide for Shop Drawings and Submittal Procedures – CCA 53- Trade Contractors Guide and Checklist to Construction Contracts
This half-day workshop covers: Common Shop Drawing Process as articulated in:
- CCDC-2 Stipulated Price Contract
- CCA-1 – Stipulated Price Subcontract
- CCA-19 – Stipulated Price Sub-Subcontract
- ACA Form A – Stipulated Price Subcontract
- CCA-5B-Construction Management for Services and Construction Contract
- CCDC-14- Stipulated Price Design-Build Contract
- Procurement Schedule
- Submittal Log
- Review Process
- What to do when the client wants more than what is called for in the Specifications
Your Presenter: Phil Perry has 30 plus years in the Construction Industry, most of which was Project Managing Industrial Projects for General Contractors. He has been teaching Post-Secondary Construction Management Courses for the last eight years.
Who Should Attend: Anyone who is involved with the Shop Drawing Process: Managers, Project Managers, Projects Coordinators, Superintendents, Procurement, Quality Control of all levels will benefit from the workshop.