Education and Events
- This event has passed.
RDCA Education Committee Meeting
March 26 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Assist the RDCA and its members in working directly with educational institutions, to provide input in the areas of education, research, technology and industry curriculum needs.
- Facilitate the RDCA scholarship process.
- Participate with educational institutions on behalf of the RDCA and its members to promote industry.
- Up to 6 members representing the Red Deer Construction Association- Minimum of 4 Directors and Maximum 2 Members at large
- Minimum of 3 Directors plus the RDCA Executive Director are required for the scholarship process. Maximum 2 Members at large.
Terms of Reference
- Liaison with members, associations and educational institutions to help develop programs and essential skills for the betterment of the industry.
- Create consistency in a long term relationship that provides opportunities for both the educational facility as well as industry.
- Develop a number of educational opportunities for industry that relate to safety, Gold Seal, technical skills, soft skills, system skills, business, administration and human resources.
- Liaise with parallel RDCA committees to develop education budget funding.
- Strengthen partnerships with local educational facilities. (Executive Director)
- Curriculum Input
- Workforce recruitment and development
- Classroom programs
- Career Fairs (Executive Director)
- Try a Trade (Executive Director)
- Work Experience/Trade Exploration (Executive Director)
- Professional Development for Teachers with Industry (Executive Director)
- Courses – Gold Seal
- Technology tools