Education and Events
- This event has passed.
March 7 @ 8:00 am - March 9 @ 4:30 pm
Course Description: This Gold Seal Certified Course is designed to teach and familiarize owners, managers, supervisors and project managers with construction contracts and contract law, liabilities and responsibilities both in the office and the field, compiling and submitting proper extras and claims, and ways and means for leaders to avoid conflict with contracts, owners, trades, and labour. Includes 200+ page manual summarizing course and documents used in the industry.
- Contract Responsibilities of all Parties
- Avoiding Construction Disputes From Site Level
- Contract law, Interpretation & Who’s Responsible
- Bidding and Risks
- Review of Contract/Sub-Contract Agreements
- Supervisor and Company Liabilities
- Negotiations for Dispute Resolution
- Correspondence/Documenting re: Disputes
- Builders Lien Act – Rights and Remedies
- Bonding and Insurance
- Avoiding Construction Claims
- Workshops in resolving disputes
- Construction Claims – Reasons
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Litigation and Costs to Litigate
- Guest lawyer – Questions and Answers
Your Presenter: Gerald is a professional Gold-Seal certified (P.GSC) construction manager with over 40+ years’ experience managing large-scale residential, commercial, industrial and environmental projects throughout Western Canada and the United States.
Who Should Attend: Architects, Engineers, Management, Owner/Principal, Procurement, Project Managers, Support Staff
This Course is Alberta Job Grant and Gold Seal Eligible